Fines and Loan Periods
You may have a free library card if you are a resident of Norwich. Apply at the Front Desk; you will need some form of identification (driver's license, state ID, utility bill, lease, etc.) showing your current address. If you have a current library card from another Connecticut town, you may use it to borrow items at Otis.
Your library card gives you more than borrowing privileges. You also have access to a rich array of online information databases as well as the reQuest statewide library catalog.
Otis Library expects you to return all materials on or before the due date, to pay promptly the fines or damages for which you are responsible, and to give immediate notice of change in your address. You are responsible for any item that anyone checks out on your card. If your card is lost or stolen, report the loss at once by phone (860-889-2365) or in person.
- Books 28 days - 14 day renewal
- Magazines & new adult books 14 days
- Magazines (YA and Children's) 28 days
- Books on CD, music CDs, Playaways 28 days
- Audio Books 28 days
- DVDs (express) 2 days/2 per household
- DVDs (non-feature and children’s) 7 days/2 per household
- WiFi Hotspots - 14 days, no renewals, no holds. Must be returned in person
Items on reserve for another borrower may not be renewed.
FINES AND FEES
- Books $0.10/day (max. $2.00 per item)
- DVDs $1.00/day (max. $10.00)
- Express DVDs & Museum Passes $2.00/day (max. $20.00)
- WiFi Hotspots $15.00/day ($200.00 replacement cost)
- Lost card replacement $1.00
- Photocopies and printing $.15/page B&W, $.50 for color
Replacement costs plus a $2 processing fee are charged for lost/damaged items. Fines are automatically posted to your account for any items returned overdue. We reserve the right to revoke borrowing privileges of those who owe fines and fees.