The Young Adult Department will host a workshop on volunteering for teens . Taught by Dannika Avent of Yale University, this course will bring to life the following concepts:
- Volunteering is skill building - How can volunteering help me?
- Volunteering has a great impact on our community - Who can I help and why?
- Volunteering is Professional Networking - Who can I meet, and how will I benefit?
- Volunteering can greatly impact your academic future - What's this about my grades improving? How will this help my college application become more competitive?
- Volunteering allows for personal development - When will I come out of my shell? What skills will I develop?
- Volunteering supports economic growth - How can I support my community? How will my community benefit from my help?
This workshop is for students grade 9 and up. It will be held in the Community Room Please register online or by contacting the Front Desk at (860) 889-2365.