Otis Library provides space to Literacy Volunteers of Eastern Connecticut to support LVEC’s mission of helping adults communicate in English through speaking, reading, and writing in order to thrive in American culture as consumers and as workers. Literacy Volunteers offers one-on-one tutoring, conversation groups and language-learning labs. The computer lab is available when the Library is open. Conversation groups take place as follows:
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10:00 a.m.. to 11:45 a.m.
- Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 12;30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.